Remnants of FCAC: Scripts for art
These are things I've planned to do as some kind of faux avant-garde art (but eventually didn't) when I was running a miniscule artist collective in Shenzhen during 2022.8~2023.5; they are mostly made in the spirit of postmodern acts like The Art Guys and the ones involved with the original Fluxus movement. You can do whatever you want with these scripts, and if you made any of them and wanted to send pictures, please feel free to do so, I would love to see people's different takes on these...
- Again It Did Not Rain In Shenzhen
- Can be easily adapted into variants about different cities or the complete opposite (e.g. "Again It Rained In [some-city]" or "Again The Sun Was Blitheringly Hot In [some-city]"
- I Couldn't Stop Lying
- My Childhood Dreams (Part 1) (Part 2 & 3)
Inspirations (because of course the root of these things has to come from somewhere):
- Again It Did Not Rain In Shenzhen: this one is me trying to mimic Rafaël Rozendaal. Look through his websites (website*s*. I did not spell that wrong.) and you'll see what I mean. The whole NFT thing is stupid though.
- Safezone: this one is purely mine, and I'm really proud of it.
- Webpages: the first half comes from I/O/D Web Stalker; the second half comes from this Cantonese TV comedy drama I used to watch when I was a kid. It was set in a town in ancient China, and sometimes they'll have these modern-things-readapted-as-ancient-time-things things as some form of cheap jokes, for example they'll say something like "oh lemme check the number with my laptop" and bring out a laptop-shaped wooden box with an abacus as the keyboard part and a physical notepad as the screen part; they also had this joke where someone would say things like "I've read it off the net" and "I'll post it onto the net" while "the net" is actually a fishing net set up as a bulletin board near the local market, and that got me thinking "if hyperlinks had a physical form, what would this form be like?" Seriously, if one day the Internet collapses and we cannot use computers like we do now any more, what would be the thing we're going to be forced to use?
- I Couldn't Stop Lying: A very political one. CCP lies (on lots of things like COVID-19 and secret psyop); you should've known it by now.
- My Childhood Dreams: it doesn't particularly come from anywhere; I feel like this is such a cheap and easy idea to have and whoever wants to go with the "I make very edgy art UwU" route is bound to have one or two of these low-hanging fruits in their lifetime. The "Part 2 & 3" part is a Travistan reference.